I took last Saturday off as I caught the train early to head 8 hours north to Rovaniemi. On Sunday I got a little lost on the walking trails by Santa Claus Village. 8.15 miles. It seemed similarly to Maine. Dog sled teams, big rabbits, lots of wild mushrooms and wild blueberries. On Monday I picked a more direct route doing 7.31 miles on a more direct route. I saw lots of school children walking and biking to school. I truly enjoyed the beauty of Lapland. My wife and I did a nice trail with some beautiful views. That night we bunked up and road the train for 12 hours back to Helsinki. I didn’t do my morning walk, but got a lot of walking in around town. The next morning I got my last walk in Helsinki and Finland in. I walked to the water front from the Lapland Hotel and then did my waterside walk of 7.06 miles. On Thursday I did 6.53 miles on the Longwood Loop. I did 6.60 miles doing the reverse Longwood. I did 6.39 miles on the Ridge Woodlot loop. A lot happened, but I just wanted a recap. Have a blessed day friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment