Saturday, August 15, 2026

Plugging Along

 I basically know that the Monday that I arrive in Helsinki will be an off walk day. I am going to attempt to keep walking and working out, but you never quite know. This vacation will be a vacation on the move, so I should keep in pretty decent shape. This trip is basically a dream coming true with the help of the Lord. I pray that the Lord will use this trip for his glory. This is visiting the land that makes up the largest percentage of pure blood. My grandfather was a full blooded Finn, and I have always been curious about this part of my genealogy. There are not a lot of Finnish people around and they have a distinct genetic makeup. I guess in a way, I am trying to discover if I share any characteristics of the Finns. Do I act Finnish? Do I look Finnish? Just curious. I did the reverse Longwood Loop , the fab 40, 3 x GP bench presses, hex bar deadlifts, and hope to do a set of weighted bench presses. Just doing some projects around the house, and a little more packing and prep for tomorrow. I’m simultaneously going to excited and nervous. This will be my longest trip away. My God made this world and I am grateful for this opportunity. As always, I am in prayer for my family back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment